Saturday, January 09, 2010

An essay on Indian fiction in translation

I've just published a long essay, "The Middlemen", bringing together my thoughts on both the general subject of Indian literature in translation and some specific recent works, in particular Salma's The Hour Past Midnight and Sankar's The Middleman.

And here are some older posts on works discussed in this essay: on Sankar's The Middleman, the stories of Parshuram, Fakir Mohan Senapati's Six Acres and a Third, and Surender Mohan Pathak's The Sixty-Five Lakh Heist.

1 comment:

Aditya Mani Jha said...

I found a copy of a short story collection by Parshuram buried among dozens of Control Systems and programming books at a second-hand seller's haunt outside my hostel... best twenty bucks I ever spent :)

Am reading "The Middleman" right now.